"Never Whine, Never Complain, Never Make Excuses."
The Rocktown Way
1. Arrive early and stay late. Cheer, clap, and encourage others. Anything less and you will cheat yourself of the experience and rob others of the gift of your presence and support as part of the community.
2. Introduce yourself. Rocktown CrossFit is more than a gym. It’s a community. If you see a CrossFitter you haven’t met yet, please introduce yourself, as they may need to revive your unconscious body later and “hey, wake up…” is just so impersonal.
3. Leave your personal, job, and family problems at the door. The Rock is our sanctuary from all that crap. Make it yours.
4. Do not cheat. Do every rep, with solid technique, no matter the time it takes. You only cheat yourself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person. There is no honor in cheating; what joy is there in a victory you didn’t earn?
5. Don’t worry about how you look. Worry about how you perform.
6. Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. I’m not your mom and you are all adults. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints, and whatever else you’ve left behind.
7. We wait until everyone has finished the workout before we break down any of our bars or put any of our equipment away. When you finish your workout, catch your breath and then start cheering everyone else on.
8. EMPTY Barbells were not designed to be dropped; neither were kettlebells or dumbbells. Only drop barbells if they have 25lb plates. We don’t want our toys, our rubber flooring, you, or someone else broken unnecessarily.
9. Have fun, laugh and smile a lot. Yes, you’re going to work harder than you though possible. Yes, it’ll hurt. So what? Have fun with it. A workout may suck before and during, but no one ever feels bad after they workout! Rocktown CrossFit is a playground and while we’re constantly increasing work capacity, we’re having a blast at the same time. Agony and laughter, who knew they were so compatible?
10. If you have ego, leave it at the door. I promise you CrossFit is magical in its ability to wreck egos.